We are happy to have you, your friends and your family as our guests here at McConnell Air Force Base. We will do everything we can to ensure that your Open House experience is safe and enjoyable.
We ask for your cooperation in keeping potentially dangerous items outside the flightline gates. At entry points to the Open House flightline, all bags will be inspected and all individuals are subject to search. Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises.
To speed your entrance into the exhibit area, large bags, backpacks, ice chests and coolers will not be permitted. Essential carry-alls (baby bags, etc.) and all other packages and bags will be carefully inspected to ensure everyone's safety. Glass containers are not allowed. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce the inspection time prior to access into the Open House area.
Prohibited Items Prohibited items on the flightline that are subject to confiscation:
· Weapons (regardless of permit) including firearms and knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), and replica or toy weapons
· Alcoholic beverages (except those sold by the event vendors)
· Pets, other than service animals
· Glass containers
· Ice chests or coolers
· Bags larger than a small purse or fanny pack
· Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, kick or electric scooters
Wear comfortable footgear; the flight line is paved and you should expect to walk more than normal. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. Guests are encouraged to bring bottled water in clear plastic containers.
Permitted Items Permitted items will be inspected prior to admission to the flightline. It is strongly recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce access time into the flightline area.
· PCS/cellular phones, pagers and FRS transceivers
· Handheld portable televisions, radios and scanners
· Fanny packs and purses
· Cameras and camcorders
· Folding chairs and lawn chairs
· Umbrellas and sunshades
· Baby bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child
· Bottled water in clear plastic containers
· Small coolers for medication and baby formula are permitted, but must be identified to Security Forces at the entry control point
Please help us keep the Open House area clean and safe for the aerial demonstrations by discarding of trash in the trash receptacles placed throughout the spectator area.