How do I get a speaker from McConnell AFB to speak to my organization?Please contact the Public Affairs office at 316-759-3141 to obtain a speaker.
Have available the date, time, topic(s), and which career field you would prefer to speak.
How do I request a flyover or non-aviation participation for public events?The first step in requesting support for all aviation events is by submitting a Request for Military Aerial Support, or DD Form 2535. The form must be thoroughly completed in order to request an Air Force flyover, air show static display and/or tactical aircraft or parachute demonstration. This form must be completed and signed by the sponsoring organization, certified by "owner" of the event site and approved by the local Federal Aviation Administration Flight Standards District Office before submission to Air Force public affairs.
To request McConnell participation for non-aviation, ground organizationsfor public events, such as the base honor guard, a different form, DD Form 2536, must be submitted and can be found here.
Visit http://www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil/ to download appropriate forms, view eligible events or for more information.
I'd like a tour of McConnell AFB. Can you tell me how the process works? 1. Tours of the 22nd Air Refueling Wing are available Monday thought Friday from April 1 to Oct. 31. All tours must be coordinated through the 22d ARW Public Affairs office. The public affairs office will support up to three tours per month and no more than one tour per day. Tours will not start earlier than 8 a.m. or end later than 4 p.m.
2. Tour groups should have at least 15 and no more than 45 people. The public affairs office provides tours for those ages 12 and older and only to parties that benefit the recapitalization and modernization of the Air Force, such as ROTC classes, potential Air Force recruits and civic leader groups with wide-ranging spheres of influence. Due to deployments and operational commitments, McConnell no longer supports tours for organizations such as reunion groups or elementary school classes. Groups with children between the ages of 12 and 17 must have one adult chaperone for every 10 children. No pets are allowed on tours.
3. Requestors must complete a tour request form and submit it to public affairs to be considered for a tour. Due to high demand, tours should be requested at least one month in advance as they are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests may be mailed, faxed or e-mailed.
4. Tours may include, but are not limited to: a base windshield tour, the fire department, the air traffic control tower, a KC-135 static display, a military working dog demonstration, an explosive ordinance disposal demo, a unit mission brief, a firing range visit and the Robert J. Dole Community Center.
5. Tours are subject to change or cancellation with little notice based on the wing's mission needs and operational and/or training requirements. All tours are subject to cancellation due to operational commitments.
6. For more information call (316) 759-3141, e-mail email@example.com, or send a fax to (316) 759-3148.