Legal assistance attorneys can assist with civil issues that are not adverse to the Air Force and can also draft estate planning documents, such as wills, living wills, healthcare powers of attorney, and general powers of attorney. Legal assistance is available by appointment only; please call (316) 759-3590 to schedule. Notary services and powers of attorney are available on a walk-in basis.
To complete your will or power of attorney:
1. Complete the worksheet online at https://aflegalassistance.law.af.mil. After completing the worksheet, you will receive a case-sensitive ticket number.
2. Call the McConnell Law Center to make an appointment for legal assistance, and provide the front desk your ticket number. This enables the attorney to view the information you inputted and draft your documents.
Legal assistance attorneys cannot represent you in court. Further, legal assistance is prohibited in the following areas:
- Issues involving personal commercial enterprises;
- Criminal issues under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) or state/federal criminal law (contact the Area Defense Counsel at (316) 759-4375 or DSN 743-4375 for assistance);
- Standards of Conduct issues;
- Law of Armed Conflict issues;
- Official matters in which the U.S. Air Force has an interest or is involved in the final outcome; and
- Representation of the client in a court or administrative proceeding.