Colonel Emily E. Farkas is the Deputy Director for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters United States Space Force, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. As the Deputy Director, she leads military and civilian personnel responsible for logistics, civil engineering and security forces activities occurring at seven major installations, two coastal space launch ranges and 87 sites around the world. She oversees the policy implementation and mission support for the Space Force’s $23 billion physical plant which includes 29 million square feet of facilities. In addition, she directs policy development for integrated defense, resource protection, physical security and law enforcement activities that supports 2,100 security forces members and 20 high priority Protection Level resources. Colonel Farkas is responsible for the execution of a $191M annual budget and manages the maintenance and lifecycle sustainment of space and cyber space systems through the execution of a $1.4B Weapon System Sustainment budget.
Colonel Farkas received her commission in December 1997 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program at Michigan State University. She is a graduate of the United States Air Force Advanced Maintenance/Munitions Officers’
School at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. Colonel Farkas has served at the wing and staff levels to include Headquarters, United States Air Force. She is married to Robert L. Farkas, Lt Col, USAF (retired) and they have two sons, Matthew (13) and Jackson (8).
1997 Bachelor of Science degree in physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
2004 Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, Chapman University, California.
2006 Advanced Maintenance & Munitions Officers’ School, Nellis AFB, Nevada.
2010 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama. 2014 Life Cycle Logistics Level I Certification, Defense Acquisition University
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
1. May 1998 – September 1998, trainee, Logistics Officers’ Training Program, Holloman AFB, New Mexico.
2. September 1998 – January 1999, student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas.
3. January 1999 – March 2001, Chief, Product Improvement, 49th Logistics Group, later, Maintenance Flight Commander, 49th Maintenance Squadron, later, Sortie Generation & Sortie Support Flight Commander, 9th Fighter Squadron, 49th FighterWing, Holloman AFB, New Mexico.
4. March 2001 – September 2004, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, 60th Aircraft Generation Squadron, later, Maintenance Operations Officer, 60th Logistics Support Squadron, later, Deputy Chief, Command Post, later, Officer-In-Charge, Red Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 660th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB,California.
5. September 2004 – May 2006, Chief, C-5 Weapon System Management, later, Executive Officer, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB,Illinois.
6. May 2006 – August 2006, student, USAF Advanced Maintenance/Munitions Officers’ School, Nellis AFB, Nevada.
7. August 2006 – September 2008 Chief, Maintenance Resources and Analysis Branch, Directorate of Logistics, later, Special Action Officer, Commander’s Action Group, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois.
8. September 2008 – July 2009, Operations Officer, 6th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill AFB, Florida.
9. July 2009 – June 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
10. July 2010 – August 2011, Commander, 62d Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Lewis-McChord,Washington.
11. September 2011 – June 2013, Commander, 62d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Joint BaseLewis- McChord, Washington.
12. July 2013 – October 2015, Chief, Maintenance Policy Functional Branch, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, WashingtonDC.
13. October 2015 – July 2016, Executive Officer to the Director of Logistics, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, WashingtonDC.
14. July 2016 – June 2019, Deputy Commander, 6th Maintenance Group, 6th Air MobilityWing, MacDill AFB, Florida.
15. June 2019 – July 2020, DeputyDirector, Directorate of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters United States Space Force, Peterson AFB,Colorado.
16. July 2020 – Present, Commander, 22d Maintenance Group, McConnell AFB, Kansas.
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE EXPERIENCE
F-117, C-5, KC-10, KC-135, and C-17
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merritt
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 26, 1998
First Lieutenant Feb. 26, 2000
Captain Feb. 26, 2002
Major Aug. 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 2013
Colonel May 1, 2019 (Current as of Jul 2020)